Program Talking about women's ideas in 2010…
When we started thinking about this conference, we ran through all these words and more. We heard from many friends who questioned the need for a TEDWomen. Weren’t there enough women’s conferences already? We also heard from those who questioned the motivation: Why TEDWomen and why now?
Something interesting is happening in the global story of women ... across cultures, generations and many different sectors of life, women and girls are emerging as important architects of change, as innovators offering new approaches to everything from financial systems to food security, and as leaders forging new directions for their communities and countries.
The thread of this story runs through collapsed nations, where women are essential to bringing peace, to low-income nations, where data shows that investing in women (and girls) bears fruit. Then there are the emerging economies, where the education of women often makes a critical, competitive difference. And the “developed” nations—or the “Old West”—where powerful women are writing new rules for finance, business, art, politics...
At TEDWomen, we’ll meet some of the women and girls reshaping the future. And yes, men will take the TEDWomen stage too. Because when good ideas win, everyone wins.
- Want to watch TEDWomen live online? Purchase the two-day webcast for $100.
- Read more about the women (and men) speaking at TEDWomen
- Want to host or attend an event in your city? Learn more about TEDx for TEDWomen events around the world.
- Help spread the word about TEDWomen! Get banners, badges and our video player for your blog or website.
- Learn more about the Paley Center for Media